This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sad, But True (And Funny, If You're Not Me)

Okay, so I was enjoying the cold misery of Tracey Michele when I came across this posting about a contest with prizes over at Me The Mama. And nooo, the contest wasn't how many links one can fit into a sentence!

We are being encouraged to come clean and make a confession to our fellow bloggers. Here goes nuttin', kids!

One evening many moons ago when the wifey and I were first married and were living on meager means, we had decided to have a romantic evening. We opened a bottle of wine and using wine glasses that we recieved as a wedding gift, sat down on our futon in the living room to watch a movie. Well, we polished off the screw-on-cap bottle of wine, and feeling quite amorous, and just a tad more than happy thanks to our liquid dinner, we moved on to the bedroom where we had a great time.

Afterwards, I got up to watch some TV in the living room where I had noticed that one of our cats had had an accident on our futon. I grabbed the first container I could find, an empty wine glass, filled it with warm water from the kitchen tap, and returned to said futon. Using one of my socks that I had discarded in haste earlier that evening, I proceeded to have at the stain, rinsing the sock in the water filled wine glass, as needed. It came out nicely, so I set my improvised cleaning materials down on the coffee table and watched a little TV before retiring to bed (to sleep).

The next morning, a Saturday, we got up to do our typical round-the house stuff, which included tidying up. I came across the wine glasses on the coffee table, and before I could think about it, decided to finish the bit of Chardonnay that was in one of them. It wasn't Chardonnay and after I told my wife what the liquid was, she laughed so hard that we almost had another accident that would've needed cleaning.

That's my true confession.

3 comments:

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

That is just down right disgusting! Great confession, though. I'm sure I would have puked. Thanks for entering. :)

TracyMichele said...

Literally.. my jaw is on the desk. HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilda said...

OK - that is just nasty.

ICK!