This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Friday, January 4, 2008

Bad News Shuffle

I learned today that I have to work this weekend. I work in a typical Monday to Friday, 9-to-5, office and working weekends are not the norm so it's kinda a bummer when I have to. One my current projects has required that I work 3 weekends in the last four months - yuck! So with a bit of bad news to share with you all, here is a Friday night shuffle to hopefully pick up our spirits, well at least mine anyways.

Take 'er away, Fred!

1. "Look Around" by Blues Traveler - nice song, not sure what it's about...but nice none-the-less
2. "Feelin' Groovy" by the best musical duo ever known to mankind, aka Simon & Garfunkel
3. "Tracks Of My Tears" by Michael McDonald. I prefer the better known version of this by whatchyamuhcallit, Hilda? [That would be Smokey Robinson and The Miracles - Hilda]
4. "Long Ride Home" from the soundtrack for "Elizabethentown", by Patty Griffin. A fantastic soundtrack! Not a bad movie, either. But, akin to "Brother Where Art Thou", I think the music beats out the movie.
5. "Lakewater Hair" by Minnie Driver, yeah, she sings too!
6. "Promise" by Violent Femmes. Wow, memories of my mispent youth just came flooding back! 7. "3x5" by John Mayer, I prefer "Your Body Is a Wonderland", or "My Stupid Mouth", but then again, I'm not selecting these songs, Fred is; hence, why it's called The Friday Shuffle.
8. "Thank You", by John Mellencamp. Two Johns in a row...there is a joke in there somewhere.
9. "Desire" by U2.
10. "Storms" by Fleetwood Mac. One of their sleepier songs; a nice way to close the shuffle on a Friday night when I should retire to bed early, you know, that whole have-to-work thing tomorrow.

1 comment:

TracyMichele said...

What's the deal? I haven't been over here in a couple days and BAM.. something like SIX new posts?! I LOVE it. Thanks for the reading material.. I needed something entertaining today that didn't contain the words Tom or Jerry! ;)