This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Belated Blog-iversary To Me!

Yep, that's right...December '07 marked the 1st birthday of Pheasantly Fascinating. So, in a celebatory fashion, as I reflect back over this year of blogging, I ask myself, what have I learned? Here is a top 10 list of lessons learned by PoultryBoy during year one of this blog.

10. Don't meme. Okay, fine, you can meme; but don't tag.

9. A meme is a way to generate visitors to one's blog.

8. Blogging takes more effort than one would initially think.

7. Blogging is more rewarding that one would initially think.

6. It's fun sharing my blog with friends and family that are non-bloggers.

5. The blogging community brings people together that otherwise might not connect due to beliefs or interests. Those passions seems to take a back seat to blogging. Or, while they exist, they don't get in the way of making connections.

4. Blogging doesn't necesarily make one less verbose - see # 5.

3. I know how to embed links!

2. Friday Shuffle is a great way to share musical selections with others - and to be the recipient of said sharing.

1. I am not the sum of my blog.

4 comments:

Hilda said...

Yay...Congratulations!

It would have been great to congratulate you on the actual anniversary of your Blogging, but, oh yeah that's right you didn't Blog about it in December!

:)

TroyBoy said...

I wuv you too, Hildy!

sari said...

Congrats!!!

TracyMichele said...

Happy Belated!!! And I am loving #5. SO true.