This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Clinton and McCain pull off upsets in NH

An upset....Really? That's the headline of an AP article about the New Hampshire caucuses. Me no think so. I'm not sure that I would label Clinton's victory as upset. This considering that she was the front runner up until recently and with Obama and Clinton both scoring 8 delegates each with a difference of only 6,312 votes - it was a close race that either could've won. Again...not an upset. Whereas McCain doubled the number of delegates earned by the Republican runner up, Romney. So the headline was 50% accurate. Leave it to the media!

1 comment:

Matt said...

I agree that it might not be a complete upset...but believe me, I am sure that Obama is pretty upset today!

Up till the Iowa primary Hilary was ahead in New Hampshire. After Iowa Obama took the lead in all the polls, at times by double digits. He was favored to win going into the primary yesterday, but did not. No, Hilary is by no means an underdog, but she was not favored. Dictionary.com defines an upset as "To defeat unexpectedly" and she was not expected to win NH.