This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Friday, January 11, 2008

New Year-ish Meme

This is supposed to be a New Years Meme, but seeing as how my source and inspiration for this meme, and all memes, didn't post it until a few day ago...well, betther late than never.

I am reaching out in the blog-a-sphere trying to make new friends, so this member will give them a chance to know a little more about moi!

If you want to play, let me know in my comments.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Introduced our 3 year old to his little brother.

2. Did you keep last year's new years' resolutions, and did you make more for 2008?
I didn't do New Year's resolutions last year,
but I did this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007?
My wife. That's pretty close. :-0

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandma's boyfriend - the family feels that she is better off.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just the one in which I live - unfortunately.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Hair? That's not going to happen.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory?
10/12/07 - the birth of our second son.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
See # 7. Okay, ladies, I realize it's a bigger achievement for my wife, but it's like they say
in the commercial..."It's Shake'N'Bake, and I helped!".

9. What was your biggest failure?
I stopped riding my bike regularly.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a hernia operation.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
An iPod.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My toddler. I know I may jinx it, but that kid has a heart of gold.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
People did things that I didn't agree with, but that doesn't make it appalling.

14. Where did most of your money go?
See # 1.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
See # 1.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
The song they played whenever an American Idol contestant was voted off: "Home" by
Chris Daughtrey

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Richer - but just barely

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Travel.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Getting annoyed.

20. How did you spend Christmas 2007?
With friends & family.

[21 is missing. Couldn't be bothered to stick around, apparently.]

22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes, I did. His name is Dylan.

23. How many one-night stands?
I stood for a night.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
I can't pick just one.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No.

26. What was the best book you read?
Shadow of the Wind.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Johnny Cash. I had sworn off country music a decade ago without ever hearing this man.
A coworker turned me on to him in '07.

28. What did you want and get?
See # 1.

29. What did you want and not get?
Nothing. Well, if I had to pick SOMETHING, it would be a chance to visit with my
deceased brother.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Happyness - I'm sure there were better films out there but this was a slow movie year for us.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We watched the Super Bowl. I turned 35.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Connecting with others on a deeper level.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
What's that?

34. What kept you sane?
What's that?

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy? Not so much. I admired Sydney Potier. Though I must say that
Jillian from this season of Project Runway is pretty cute (Ummm, my wife makes watch?).


36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I agree with Hilda...The war in Iraq

37. Who did you miss?
My brother. It's been 22 years.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
See # 1.

39. What valuable life lesson did you learn in 2007?
To strive to be less controlling, less judgemental, and more forgiving. Man, I have a lot of work to do!

40. Quote a song lyric that sums 2007.
"What a looooooooong strange trip it's been."

2 comments:

TracyMichele said...

OOOOH.. this looks like a good one. Count me in... although count me in tomorrow. I'll work on it tonight (like making some resolutions??).

Matt said...

I'll do this one...have nothing else to do at work today!