This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Monday, January 21, 2008

No Harm, No Fowl

Get it? No Fowl. Keeping in theme with Pheasantly Fascinating. Clever, right?

So, the title is in reference to my WW weigh in. I didn't gain. I didn't lose. Considering I have gotten lazy recently at tracking my points, I am nonplussed at the results. I need to make a conscientious effort at meal planning, though. I had found items that are low in points and have fallen into rut. I've become bored with them. The WW meeting leader has said, rightly so, that diversity is key to successfully losing the weight. Yeah and diversity is also additional work. But who said that eating healthy is easy? It takes effort but the rewards are more than worth it. So I will give due diligence this week to eating even wiser with a broader range of tastes.

Now, where in my desk drawer is that Mini-Snickers?

3 comments:

Hilda said...

Veggies are your friend!

TracyMichele said...

Good for you! Maintaining is better than gaining. Hrm.. this might have to become my motto 2008. :)

L Finney BSN, RN said...

Don't give up, Troy! I don't know how the WW points are applied, but Quaker makes these mini rice cakes in multiple flavors and they are quite tasty. Oh, and a serving size of them equals like 15 mini cakes. I prefer the caramel, though the cheese and ranch flavors are also good. I hope that helps. Good luck!