This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Get a Clue

I work with one of those people. You know....the ones who love to hear themselves talk...the ones who feel they work (or produce - there is a difference) more than they do...the ones who annoy the h-e-double hockey sticks out of everyone else...the ones that are new to the job so they feel that they have to prove something as is noted by the fact that when on a business call, they speak very loud but whilst on a personal call, they speak in hush tones (sorry for the run-on sentence Hilda & Toni). And while I don't see the person when I look in the mirror, I do accept as much culpability as if I did.

You see...I helped the guy get hired. He was working for our company but in a different department and had submitted a resume with HR for an opening in our dept. He hadn't heard anything - go figure. I met him in the lunch room and I thought the guy was affable - at first. So, I dropped a copy of his resume on the big boss' desk. HE-GOT-HIRED. Our immediate manager is quite savvy and I'm not just saying that because she might be reading this...and I imagine it's only time before the planets realign and things happen as they shall.

2 comments:

Andrea Frazer said...

I'm back. You'll be sorry you asked for more. You'll learn more about me this week than you've ever wanted to know about a 6'1, 185 pound amazon mom of two who was married twice, dumped a lot, once dated a gay guy, and got locked inside a bathroom stall with Brett Butler.

Oh, nice post today.

Toni Lea Andrews said...

Hmmmm...do I know this person?

Troy, we certainly harassed you enough at work that you should now have the tools to shut this dude down. Get Nino and Frank to help. They'll think of something really creative.

Bwahahahahahaha!