This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What Are You Worth?

I've been at work for 11 hours today and have 2 or 3 more to go. We are working on critical issues that have continued to resurface on this project over the last 5 months, since we implemented it. We spend time on implementing solutions over several weeks only to be in the same spot a month or two later. We work nights and weekends. It makes me ask, "What am I worth"?

I know that I am worth one-fifth of forty dollars in pizza because that's what we ate for dinner and the big boss, who isn't here, offered to pay for dinner. I hope I don't lose the crinkled register receipt that is currently in my shirt pocket, otherwise, my worth will be diminished even more. I don't mind working late sometimes but it just makes me wonder....what's it all for? What is my worth? Have you asked yourself that question lately? What is a stay-at-home-mom's worth? How is it measured? In dirty diapers or toothless smiles?

I know my measure as a husband and as a father, but how is my worth measured as a business analyst? Do you wonder about these things? Should I? Or should I just get back to work so that I can go home sooner than later?

3 comments:

Michael C said...

That's a good and deep question. But, it certainly sounds like you are worth more at your job than I am at mine. Wanna trade???
;-)

TracyMichele said...

I can actually answer this, thanks to Salary.com! As a SAHM, I am worth between $111,000 and $116,000! Yes, you read that right! And seeing Hubs has failed to pay me over the past 5 years.. I should have a nice little retirement fund built up, huh? *giggle*

TroyBoy said...

Michael C - Don't be so sure! :-)

Tracy - Damn girl. I'm sure he shows you your worth in countless other ways - some of which don't bear repeating on a family-friendly blog.