This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wacky Wednesday - De Ja Vu

Here is the 6th edition of: Wacky Wednesday. In an effort to continue to bring you the finest of Wacky Wednesday submissions, I have scoured the Internet, and any other source for that matter, looking for an odd tidbit to share with you all. And, as always, I will cite the source, unless they swear me to anonymity.

Personality Transplants: Cheryl Johnson, 37, described to London's Daily Telegraph in March the many ways in which her personality suddenly changed following a new kidney that she received from a deceased, 59-year-old man. Some researchers believe in such a "cellular memory phenomenon," but it is unclear whether, for example, Johnson's recent abandonment of trashy reading in favor of Dostoevsky and Jane Austen would qualify. [Daily Telegraph (London), 3-16-08]

Sonny Graham of Hilton Head, S.C., committed suicide in April after having spent 13 years with the transplanted heart of suicide victim Terry Cottle. The cellular implication is somewhat less likely, though, because Graham's widow was the same woman who was married to Cottle at the time of his suicide. [IslandPacket.com (Hilton Head), 4-5-08]

Until next time, enjoy your Wacky Wednesday!

1 comment:

Jessica@Foodmayhem said...

I saw something about cellular memory on TV and then asked some doctor friends about it. They say there are some very well documented cases. The 2nd story you posted was just more bizarre because the guy married the widow of the suicide guy that he got his transplant from?? Am I getting that right?