This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Benefit of Living in South Florida

You can smack your child, or anyone else for that matter, and get away with it. What's more...you'll likely be lauded as a helper of the downtrodden rather than an assailant. I'm talking about mosquito control, folks. Yesterday, at Lil' Phez's birthday pool party, he walked up to me and was telling something about what another kid at the party was doing when I smacked him on his forehead. I caught him in mid-sentence. The look of stun on his face was amazing. I explained to him that he had a big fat juicy mosquito on his forehead and I still had the squished evidence in the palm of my hand. He said, "Oh, okay." and went back off to his buds.

How many of you that live where it snows can say that, hmmm?

4 comments:

Matt said...

Should of had a V8!

Eva said...

I thought your post was funny until I read matt's comment and now I'm really laughing!

Mosquitos aren't a big problem in Southern CA (at least here by the beach). So I don't get any opportunities to smack my kid. Oh well.

Jessica@Foodmayhem said...

Haha, this post made my morning. I am afraid of bugs so no chance of me smacking anyone to kill one.

TracyMichele said...

Unfortunately, we get snow AND mosquitos. Oh, the best of both worlds, huh? :( Someone remind me again why I am living here? *giggle*