This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Friday, May 16, 2008

The Friday Shuffle - The Kill Me Now If It Weren't For Tivo Edition

Last night Mrs. Phez and I were watching Don't Forget the Lyrics with the yummy-delicious (in her words) Wayne Brady.

We like watching the show and we like watching even better with the assistance of our Tivo. They have about 10 minutes of worthwhile content that they stretch out to a 30 minute program.

Here is an example:
Contestant: (singing the missing lyrics to a song we all know the lyrics to - yes, Hilda, even me)
Wayne Brady: Would you like to lock in those lyrics?*
Contestant: Yes Wayne, lock in those lyrics!
Wayne Brady: Okay, let's find out if those are the lyrics...right after this break
[[[Commercial Break]]]
Wayne Brady: (to the camera) Welcome back everybody to Fox's "Don't Forget the Lyrics" and we're here with [name] who has just locked in her lyrics.
Wayne Brady: (to the contestant) Are you ready [name] to see if those are the correct 11 missing words?
Constestant: Uh-huh.
Wayne Brady: Okay, show us the last two words
(Suspenseful music plays for 10 seconds as the camera does a close of the contestant. Then a ta-da kind of music as they show that the words are correct. This is repeated 1 to 2 words at a time for the rest of the answer. There are about 8 questions and answers...they-are-all-pretty-much-like-this. If it wasn't for Tivo I'd be saying thins like, "For the love of meatloaf, get it over already!")


But fortunately for us, we are able to sit there contently with Tivo in hand watching our sexy her sexy Wayne Brady do his thing for 10 minutes.

In celebration of Tivo, take 'er away Fred!

  1. "What It Takes", by Areosmith. I think it bears repeating from earlier Friday Shuffles: I share Fred with Mrs. Phez - not all the songs in his repertoire are mine
  2. "Hey Tonight", by Clearwater Creedence Revival
  3. "Peaceful World", by John Mellencamp
  4. "Problem Child", by AC/DC
  5. "Something", by the Beatles
  6. "Please Do Not Go", by Violent Femmes - I went through a Femme phase in high school - I'm not ashamed
  7. "Rainin' In My Heart", by The Fabulous Thunderbirds
  8. "Shoot Out The Lights", by Richard & Linda Thompson
  9. "Hello", by Lionel Richie
  10. "Gold", by John Stewart
Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

TracyMichele said...

For clarification purposes, who downloaded "Hello" by Lionel Richie? :)

Matt said...

Okay, here's a few observations!

(1) Yummy-delicious is so a Troyboy word and not a Mrs. Phez word! Or at least I have never heard Mrs. Phez use that word.

(2) You had the entire Tivo in your hands? How did you manage to do that and keep track of the remote?

(3) To answer tracymichele, I think "Hello" is a both song. I think...

sari said...

Oh, no, I love Hello. It's so Senior Year In High School! Remember the video?? Oh my goodness - classic. :-)

I thank the Good Lord every day for Tivo. I think if I had to choose between Tivo and a cell phone I would pick Tivo, it's worth it.

TroyBoy said...

TM: Um, I own 4 or 5 Lionel Richie CDs. It's an addiction.

Matt: No fair calling me out like that on # 1. Your 2nd point makes you a smart ass; well, IT doesn't make you one, it just provesd that you ARE one - but I still love you!

Sari: Because of your gender you do not have to hide the pleasure that Lionel gives you. Say it loud, say it proud - for both of us, sister.