This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Look at What Lil' Phez Made

*Okay, so this isn't actually his hands, but you get the idea.


Earlier tonight, or technically last night, Lil Phez and I were in his room doing the night time getting ready for bed stuff when he made the shape of a heart with his hands.

Lil' Phez: You know what that is, Daddy?

Me: What is it?

Lil' Phez: It's my heart. It has my uncle in it.

Lil' Phez has four uncles, one of which, the one he his named after, passed away 29 years ago - he was only twelve. About a month ago, I gave Lil' Phez a picture of his uncle in a frame for his night stand and said that this uncle would watch over him while he slept. Not being real big on a physical place called Heaven or Hell, I told him that his uncle, my brother, had died but was in my heart & mommy's and would now be in his heart.

Side Note: Seeing as how I was only 7 when my brother died, my wife hadn't met him, but she still has a lot of love for him. He was so special and my family have shared so many stories with her about him, that she feels that she knew him and knows that she had she met him, she would've loved the hell out of him, just like we all got the awesome opportunity to do - even as brief as his time was with us. Isn't it strange / awe inspiring how we can have love for a person that we never met?

5 comments:

Eva said...

What a sweet, sweet story. Thanks for sharing that with your readers. Kids say such amazing and honest things, don't they? Lil' Phez sounds like a great kid.

Maria said...

How lovely that your uncle is visiting in such a sweet way...

swn said...

wow, very touching. really. i believe lil phez deserves an extra hug tonite for that one. children will often say in innocence what the wisest man cannot put into words i'm pretty sure i know who the uncle is, but in honor of the anonymity of this blog i will refrain from saying who it is. i hope that i am not offending anyone by saying that i do believe in a physical heaven, and as such, for me, it makes this story that much more touching. i would like to think that "W" is looking down and smiling, knowing that he is remembered and loved.

swn said...

(warning, the following is for humor purposes only, it is not intended to offend anyone, to challenge any particular belief system, or to create any discomfort of any kind. if you are easily offended please stop reading now.)

oh, and by the way, shouldn't you have said that mrs. phez would have loved the
(conjectural afterlife location as envisioned in judeo-christian belief systems. use of the term "hell" does not imply belief in an afterlife, neither does is it meant to imply adherence to any religion)
out of him?

Andrea Frazer said...

You just made me burst out crying. Thank you for that. Boooo... nice though.