This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Playing Hookie & Making Whoopee

Mrs. Phez and I took yesterday off as previously planned to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. Spontaneity is something that we find hard to come by with two youngin's and busy work schedules but that doesn't mean we can't have fun. We scheduled the days off from work and Mrs. Phez made lunchtime reservations at Texas De Brazil. The night before I made a special trip after the boys went to bed to pick up some rentals from BlockBuster: The Lady In the Water and PS I Love You. Here is [an edited] recap of our playdate.


Preparation Stage:
We got up around 6 am and got the boys ready for daycare / preschool. I took them to school and the Mrs. returned to bed and caught a little more shut eye.

First Movie - The Lady in the Water
This is one of "those" movies by M.Knight Salamander, no wait, M.Knight Shawarma, no wait, M.Knight Sha-la-la-la-ding-dong, you know the guy, he did Sixth Sense and Signs and some other cool movies. This one was just as cool. I remember the previews when it was in the theater and who ever designed those previews should've been fired, because it's nothing like what the previews make you think it's going to be. But, thanks to Matt, I knew that when we rented it. We liked it very much. It had more twists than a, than a, well, than something with a lot of twists! And at one point, it cleverly made fun of itself.




Lunch Date - Texas De Brazil
The movie finished around 11:30 so it was time to head out to our special anniversary lunch. I'd never been to one of these all-you-can eat fancy grilled meat places before. There are 3 that we know of: Texas De Brazil, The Knife, and Porcao. It was a toss up between TDB and Porcao and TDB won. It was very nice but maybe there was a bit more build up to it in my head than there should have been, but it was still worth the cost for a one time experience.


Second Movie - PS I Love You
A perfect "date movie". It was a tear jerker, I mean, for girls who cry, not for a manly-man like myself. I do have to see an allergist though because my eyes seemed to get a bit watery while watching the film.




4 comments:

swn said...

you old romantic softie, you! i didn't know you had it in ya! is this the same guy that on his wedding night, invited people to stay at his house? you sly dog! (by th way i have been known to have that same allergic reaction you complained about every time i see the movie,
"love, actually" so if your allergist finds a cure, tell him to keep it to himself! :)

TroyBoy said...

Okay, I feel it necessary to elaborate on Marty's tell. Yes, we had out-of-town friends spend the night of our honeymoon at our 1 bedroom apartment - complete with complimentary sounds of airplanes flying overhead and wet shag carpeting thanks to busted water pipes - but we weren't sleeping there that night. We had a hotel room about a half a mile away courtesy of my dad - also with complimentary sounds of airplanes flying overhead.

swn said...

my sincere apologies if i was out of bounds, (i keep forgetting that other people might read these comments!)i simply seem to remember a less romantic version of the present mr. phez. oh the stories i could tell,
but i won't,
unless of course,
the price is right!
(just kiddding!) ;-)

UmmFarouq said...

Happy Anniversary. We just recently celebrated our 16th!