This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's Time To Clean House!

I originally had typed, as the title, "It's Time To Clean Horse!" And while I am not sure if that title is more suited for an educational video on animal husbandry, let me tell you that is not the title of the post. Nope, this is a quick post to let you all know that I've done some spring cleaning on my blog, namely in the blogroll quadrant of the place.

Here are the blogs that I have removed from the blogroll...
Queue Taps...
Dixie Peach - She seems like a nice enough lady but she loses me with the knitting. Knitting scares me just a little.
I Am Husband - The guy has just started his blog so I wanted to give it a chance. At first the premise, How To Be A Better Husband, sounded great but from the tone of his posts, I am concerned he is going to try to sell his readers a book or something. Maybe I'll go back once I learn how to read.
PoppyMom - One of my real world friends, who is also a blogger friend, loves this blog. I just can't get into it. The writing is just a little too biting for me. Yet, Elise's blog, which often features biting, and other forms of pleasure among consenting adults, is still proudly featured on my blogroll.
Shooter McFinney - Another real world friend. She hasn't posted since January, so she's off the island! We bloggers are a fickle lot!
Shoulders of Giant Midgets - I'm not sure how I came across this conquest blog that I felt it should be on my blogroll, but my infatuation seems to be over now.
Southern Muslimah - This young lady came to my blog via another blogger on my blog roll and she mentioned that she too is a huge fan of Chick-fil-a and that was enough for me back then to have her on the blogroll. I've grown. She's grown. It's over but I will never look at another waffle fry the same way again.

Here is the blog that I've added to the blogroll:
Queue drumroll please...
The Wonderful World of Nothing Worthwhile -
The ebb and flow of bloggers and blogs and blogrolls is a neat phenomenon thingy. About a month ago Sari demanded encouraged that her readers at The Geek Inside go check out her friend's blog called Sveedish. So I did and I now go back on a regular basis. While reading the comments there I've noticed some really funny ones from Michael C, so I checked out his blog. I am hooked and I waited the respectable 72 hours before adding the blog to my blogroll. I am taking a queue from Sari and I am insisting recommending that if you're reading this sentence, then after you've left me a comment, go over to Michael's blog and have a good belly laugh!

9 comments:

sari said...

I admit, I demand and insist. But see, it was for Good. Sometimes you just have to do it.

:-)

UmmFarouq said...

I understand! Man what I'd give for a Chic-Fil-A and a tall cool lemonade. Perhaps next year!

Take care and thanks for including me on your blogroll as long as you did. :)

Anonymous said...

And i thank you. ~smile~ Your brand of humor is refreshing and different and fun.

elise

Cristina said...

I will check them all out...one at a time.
Thanks.

Matt said...

So, is that 72 hours, like waiting 3 days to call after the first date?

TracyMichele said...

PHEW! Made the cut one more time. :) Note to self: No self-promoting posts about my book.

Obviously I am kidding. Who the heck has time to write a book when there are blog posts to publish?!

Eva said...

I am so very grateful to Sari for sending you over to my neck of the Internets! And I have NO IDEA how Michael C ended up there, leaving comments, but I am totally reading his posts every day too! He is incredibly funny/silly/dorky. A good combination. :)

Michael C said...

I like your suggestions. I'm not sure about that last one though ;-)

Thanks for the mention and have a great memorial day weekend!!!!!
We are starting ours of with plenty of wind and rain...

TroyBoy said...

Sari - True 'dat.

Ummfarouq - Oh great. The day that I decide to remove you from the blogroll is the day that you come visit to see the rejection. Don't I just feel like the worlds largest heel.

Elise - Wow. Thank you.

PurplePassion - You do that. :-) If you don't, I'll tell Sari!

Matt - Exactly!

Tracy - You'll always make the cut. Who else do I know that can agree to disagree on social issues with as much grace as you do. I truly value our blogship (that's a made up word for blog friendship).

Eva - Agreed. On both counts.

Michael C - You are a great writer. Tell me, why is it that you're a slave in the world of corporate cubiculism?