This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday Shuffle - The Work My Arse Off Edition

Isn't "Arse" a great word? It sounds so much better than the American version of the word, don't ya think? Well, even if you don't - I do...and this is my blog so guess what? It's staying no matter what you say!!!!

Sorry, it's 5:30 in the morning and I am leaving shortly to go to work for the next 14 or so hours. Won't I be super-fun to work with? Well at least I got my shuffle in. Okay Fred, I need a really really good shuffle please.

  1. "Can't Stand Losing You", by the Police.
  2. "Jackamo Road", by John Mellencamp.
  3. "Somebody Help Me", by the Iguanas. I love this group and this is a great song with great lyrics: Somebody help me, I can't do it on my own.
  4. "Brown Sugar", by The Rolling Stones. Okay, I'm afraid I might jinx this but Fred is doling out some seriously good kick-ass tunes!
  5. "You Are Everything", by Michael McDonald. Well, there ya go. Jinxed.
  6. "Where Are You Boy", by Patty Loveless (from the Tin Cup soundtrack) - okay, who else other than Sari and me know (and love) this move, and soundtrack?
  7. "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", [sung by] by Michael McDonald. Just as good as the Marvin Gaye version.
  8. "That's Where I'll Be", by Little Big Town.
  9. "Solbsury Hill", by Peter Gabriel
  10. "In My Life", by the Beattles.
Not too shabby, Fred. 9 out of 10 songs. Okay, I'm off. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend everyone.

6 comments:

swn said...

michael mcdonald "just as good" as marvin gaye?
tsk, tsk,
poor boy, sit down and have a cup of tea, your obviously under a great deal of stress!

TracyMichele said...

Um.. shouldn't that be kick-arse? :)

Patti said...

Hi Troyboy,

I've been meaning to visit you and leave a comment.
I recently got "involved" with two birds that might interest you, a Silver Pheasant and a Lady Amherst. I wrote about them for my job and also regaled my blog readers (all 5 of them) with tales about the pheasants.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll send the links.

Maria said...

Ah...good shuffle songs. Easy to dance to and has a nice beat...

Michael C said...

Since I am new here, I can tell you that I like the shuffle and really like what you've got on there!!

Have a great holiday weekend!!

TroyBoy said...

Marty - To each his own.

Tracy - Good point.

Patti - Thanks for stopping by. I have since returned the favor in kind. I will be back! Sure send me the links to: troy dot gelinas at intervalintl dot com

Maria - I was equally impressed.

Michael C - Thanks! Please come back as often you wish and bring some of your untold numbers of readers with you! :-)