This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Smokin!

(The title is to be read the way that Jim Carey's character says it in Mask)

Our little hamlet of Miami has wildfires beckoning at its borders. It's been going on for a while now.
The first set of fires was north of us along the coast. Those have been put out and now there is another set in the everglades. As of this morning, the 36,000 acre blaze has been 30% contained, according to AP. We've been warned via the media to stay in doors because of poor air quality due to the amount of smoke in the air. It is getting pretty bad. There seems to be no danger of homes and other buildings catching fire, but being one that always sees the glass as half-full, I have my marshmallows, graham crackers, and Hershey's chocolate bars ready to go!

2 comments:

TracyMichele said...

hahaha. I like the way you think! LOL.

sari said...

at first I thought this was called "smokini" !