This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Friday, March 21, 2008

You know You're a Full-Fledged Parent, When...

...You can go digging for, and successfully retrieve, a big honkin' booger from your 3 year olds nose and get only a little grossed out.

PS: As much as you might think otherwise, tweasers are not very helpful in this procedure; just some food for thought.

5 comments:

sari said...

You can't use the tweezers because you'll be too afraid you'll stab them. A bath works the best, just wash their face with a wet washcloth and it comes out, every time.

Just a little tip. ha ha!

Jessica@Foodmayhem said...

I'm not a parent yet but I'm in training with the help of my Jack Russell Terrier. I was able to keep composure as she threw up in my hand.

TracyMichele said...

If and when it requires more (or less in this case) than a pair of tweasers.. I call in the big guns (aka: Daddy). lol.

The Curmudgeon said...

Neither are those suction balls. It didn't help that I would explain to whoever was watching that the Egyptians did something similar during the mummification process, taking the brains out by pulling them through the nose....

TroyBoy said...

Sari, great so how many baths do you go through in one day when the kids have colds?

Jessica, um yeah, I don't really have a reply for your comment. Oh wait, yeah I do....Yuck.

TracyMichele, well in this case, I was the big guns. FYI - a man' fingers does not easily fit into the nostril of a toddler.

Curmy, thanks for visiting sir! I'm guessing you, your suction ball, and your explanation were none too popular with the kiddies!