This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Memmmmmmmories...

...like the cobwebs in my - ack ack! Man, the mental cleaning lady hasn't been around in a while.

My favorite memories are the ones that pop up out of nowhere. You're sittin' there at light waiting for it to change when you are suddenly transported back to Driver's Ed class. Oh, wait, that's not you, that's me. Okay, here is my memory:

So as I said, I was in Driver's Ed class. They were selecting who in the class was going to get to drive with the Coach / Driver's Ed instructor - side thought here: Who else went to a school where the Driver's Ed teacher wasn't their sole job at the school? Okay, back to the memory...so 3 kids get picked to take turns behind the wheel for the class period while the rest of us watch a safety video under the supervision of the Science teacher. They head out, the films starts, 45 minutes later the film ends, the period is over and no word from the 3 kids & the coach. We found out the next the day that the coach had fallen asleep and the kid that was driving at the time kept driving. When the coach woke up, they were in the next county.

Oh, the light's green, gotta go.

(Note to self: Must stop blogging while commuting)

1 comment:

Matt said...

And...did it just so happen that you were the one driving? Or were you watching the amazingly educational safety video that the Coach/Drivers Ed instructor put on?

Oh, by the way, I actually think it is an unwritten "requirement" that all Drivers Ed instructors are also Coaches (of some sort).