This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Shuffle - The Tired Edition

I'm pooped this morning. Not much else to say here. Let's hope that this week's shuffle will speak for itself:
  1. "Dead", by They Might Be Giants. Fred likes these guys. He has good taste.
  2. "Guantanamera", artist unknown. Or, as I used to sing it the first Christmas that I lived in Miami: One ton tomato!
  3. "Mercy Street" by Peter Gabriel. Another good pick, Mr. Fred.
  4. "Dear Prudence", covered by Dana Fuchs & Jim Sturgess from the "Across the Universe" soundtrack. A very, very nice version. I know it would be sacrilegious to say that anyone can do it better than the idyllic 4, so....I won't say it.
  5. "Rapid Roy", by Jim Croce. Gritty & dirty and oh so good. One of the great ones who died well before his time.
  6. "Something", by The Beatles. Maybe their collective spirit was offended by my earlier comment and forced Fred to play them? Freaky.
  7. "Pancho and Lefty" by Willie Nelson. Okay, this song starts out way too poppy for Willie. I had to look at Fred twice. You don't hear a wailing guitar until a minute into it.
  8. "Rock 'N Me" by Steve Miller Band. Another classic.
  9. "Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans?" by Louis Armstrong. Unfortunately, thousands do.
  10. "Movin' On" by Bad Company. Nice finish to a nice list.
Well Fred, I don't see a theme, but nicely done nonetheless.

My favorite is # 4. Fellow bloggers (and guests), which was your favorite? Please leave a comment!

2 comments:

Matt said...

I would have to agree with your assesment Troy that the best song on your Shuffle is the Dear Prudence remake!

You still have to see that movie! Fantastic movie...

Hilda said...

No question - my favorite - #9. Do you have it by Louis Armstrong by himself or the duet with Billie Holiday?

The duet is phenomenal!