This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Friday, March 14, 2008

Back in the Friday Shuffle Saddle

It’s that time of week. Short and sweet intro. Take ‘er away Fred!

  1. “All Out of Love”, by Air Supply Okay, as cheesy as this song is…it’s one of those sinful addictions. Let me put down my (wife’s) hairbrush-cum-microphone.
  2. “Mercy Mercy Me”, by Marvin Gay He sings: “Things ain’t what they used to be.” Yes, Marvin, the price of coke goes up like everything else – deal.
  3. “Looks Like We Made It” by Barry Manilow. Good Lord! Wake me up, before I throw throw…up!
  4. “Someone Keeps Moving My Chair”, by They Might Be Giants. How do these guys do it? Getting us to sing along with non-sensical lyrics. Yes, “non-sensical”. New word alert.
  5. “Paradise by the Dashboard Light”, by Meat Loaf. When Fred & I do our Friday Shuffles, we tend to skip to the next song after we get down the name and artist….not this one, bay-bee. Play it all the way. All 7 minutes and 6 seconds.
  6. “Did She Jump or Was She Pushed”, by Richard & Linda Thompson.
  7. “Dude Looks Like a Lady”, by Aerosmith. Been there. Done that. Uh, not really.
  8. “While My Guitar Gently Weeps”, by the Beattles
  9. “Good Times, Bad Times”, by Led Zeppelin Awesome
  10. “Leaves That Are Green” by Simon & Garfunkel or by Paul Simon depending on which album you’re listening to. Either way…a very pretty song.

Everyone, have a great weekend!

3 comments:

sari said...

Oh my gosh, I always have to listen to Paradise by the Dashboard Light all the way through as well. It reminds me of Skate Night (as in roller skates) when I was in about 6th or 7th grade. Woohoo!

TroyBoy said...

Attention Skaters: It is now time for couple skating. Couples only. All single skaters please vacate the rink at this time. All single skaters, please exit the rink at this time. [pause] We need the akward looking kid in the 'I love Alf' shirt & parachute pants to get off the rink"

I hated Skate Night.

Matt said...

Maybe it was the Alf shirt and parachute pants that led to them playing "Dude Looks Like a Lady"