This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Okay, So, Which Is It? Do I Need a Break or Not?

Today started early. Around 6 am to be percise. The 5 month old started crying. We are trying the "Let them figure it out for themselves during the night" bit so I got out of bed, peed, washed my hands, and went to the computer to play a bit of Ticket To Ride. About a half hour later, I heard some noises so I went out to the dining room to research the source of the noice and found that our 3 year was at the breakfast table eating a meal obviously not prepared by himself, and the 5 month old was in the swing wanting to be picked up. Mrs. Pheasantly had returned to slumber land. So, I advised the 3 year old he had 5 minutes to finish his breakfast and he was to then go back to bed until his music played (aka when his alarm goes off at 8 am). I then swooped up the baby and headed out to the living room to watch HIS favorite show, which was Tivo'd, "Make Me a Supermodel".

At 8:01 Am the 3 year old announced from the other side of the house: "Daddy! MY MUUUUUUUUUUSIC IS ON! WE CAN PLAY NOW!" So with the baby in one arm, the Tivo on pause, and a toy fishing rod in the other hand, I proceeded to catch (and release) imaginary fish of ever color that you could, well, imagine. Then around 8:30 Mrs. Pheasantly comes out in her work out clothes to feed the baby before heading off to a step class with a good friend of ours.

Two...more...hours...me and the boys. So we watched some Peter Pan, and we acted out a few of the scenes as they transpire, I fed the baby, and then we headed out to buy a really cool piggy bank for the 3 year old and play at a playground.

At 11:30 I get home with boys to meet Mrs. Pheasantly who thanks me profusely for watching the kids early so she could sleep. I say that it's no problem. We play with the kids a bit and at around 1 pm, I say that I need a break and that I am going to go out for a quick lunch and to take a break from the boys. She says no problem and I am off.

I am not gone for more than 10 minutes when I am munching on some buffalo chicken tenders while I see a little boy nuzzling with his dad. And then: poof! I miss my boys. So I scarf down my lunch, grab a gallon of milk from the store, and hurry home to give both my boys a great big hug! I am such a sap!

3 comments:

TracyMichele said...

Ahhh.. a day in the life of a Stay At Home Mom. LOL.

Seriously, I can totally relate. I am always shocked when I finally get a nite out with the girls and all I want to do is get home and tuck the littles into their beds. I do believe there is no greater pull than the ones our children have on our hearts. This was a great little story. Thanks for sharing!

Maria said...

I spend the first week of summer break feeling like I am going to lose my mind. And then in August, when my daughter goes back to school, I spend the entire week jonesin for her....

It is that weird tap dance that is parenthood.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to meet you.

TroyBoy said...

TracyMichele: I sooo would be willing to be Mr. Mom, but alas, our living expenses are such that we need two incomes - or we could get one of our bosses to pay us double; yeah, that would work too!

Maria: Likewise. Sari has good taste in blogs! :-) I plan on being a regular at your blog (you've been warned).