This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wacky Wednesday - Now There's a Well Rounded Girl!

Okay, so here is a new installment to my blog: Wacky Wednesday. I will scour the Internet, and any other source for that matter, looking for an odd tidbit to share with you all. And I will always cite my source, unless they swear me to anonymity. For this first one, it was printed in the Washington Post, 3-1-08.



Dakota Abbott, 16, edged Samantha Phillips, 17, to become Miss Outdoors 2008 in February in Maryland's Eastern Shore region's annual beauty-contest-and-muskrat-skinning festival.


The two were the only beauty contestants (out of eight) who entered both competitions. Abbott won her skinning division, but while she sang a song for the judges, Phillips won the talent trophy by skinning a muskrat on stage. "I'll be honest," she said to a Washington Post reporter. "I can't sing. I can't dance, and I don't play any musical instruments." But she took her 4-inch blade, sticking it just above the tail, and sliced. "You want to take your knuckles and separate the meat from the hide, just like this," she told the judges, with her hand inside the muskrat (as one of the judges recoiled in shock).


Until next time, enjoy your Wacky Wednesday!

5 comments:

Andrea Frazer said...

WOW.

Matt said...

And next year they are taking it primetime, for a 2 hour special to air on what else...FOX!

Not really, well not unless the FOX bigwigs decide to read this article! Let's hope not!

Jessica@Foodmayhem said...

I have a little mores respect for pageant girls now.

Maria said...

Um...what happened to Muskrat Susie and Muskrat Sam doin' the jitterbug in Muskratland?

Anonymous said...

God that's disgusting!