This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Monday, March 17, 2008

Star Struck (The "Borrowed" Edition)

Per Sari's suggestion, I was a first time visitor over at Eva's and borrowed her Star Struck post (I typed 3 times already and each time it came out as Star Truck). Oh, and for the record, Sari's suggestion was to visit Eva, not to steal her stuff.

So, here is my list of celebs I've met, starting in chronological order:

1. Cassandra Peterson - Okay, who? Elvira. This was in the very early 80's and was at a local fair type event, if memory serves me correctly, which is not often the case, it was at the Strawberry Festival in Plant City. She had a table at where ever it was and I stood in a long line to say hello. Hey, she was hot.

2. President Reagan - I was 19 and I was a purchasing clerk for the Miami Airport Hilton. I had to do inventory in a dark storage room off of a service corridor. Well, apparently they forgot I was in there because when I walked out, I walked right into the President's security detail just a few feet from Him. Okay, I know he's not Jesus, but typing him with a lower cased h just doesn't seem to pack enough reverence. He turned to me and gave me a very pleasant smile. He seemed nice, and damn if the man ain't tall!

3. Jack Canfield - The creator of Chicken Soup for the Soul. He was a speaker at an event my dad and step-mom organized in the early 90's to help at-risk kids.

4. Preston Wilson - In 2000, I went to a Cub's game while visiting a friend in Chicago. I went because they were playing the Marlins. Preston was the Center Fielder for the Marlins at the time. The night before the game I made a sign that read, "MVP......Most Valuable Preston". At a midday Cubs game, my sign got some attention. He signed it after the game.

5. Dr. Marta Perez - Okay the hyperlink actually goes to a Wikipedia entry for "Miami-Dade County Public Schools, but it references as one of it's members. So if local politicians count as celebs, then add her to my list. I've known her on a first name basis for several years due to my affiliation with Toastmasters.

6. OJ Simpson - Okay, I'm not really excited about this one. I've run into him twice, but I guess it counts. The first time was at a golf course and it was more of a sighting than a case where we had met. The second time was at a salad bar at a Steak & Ale. We each said hi to each other, commented on the selection of the salad bar. I thought to say something like, "We seem to be missing a steak knife, would you know where it is?", but I was too chicken.

7. Dave Barry - It was before the beginning of the 2005 Herald Hunt. I was trying to probe him (okay, I never thought I'd use those words) about the answer to a clue.

Okay, that's all I have.

Who have you met? Let me know if you wanna play along.

3 comments:

sari said...

i knew there was a time difference between Arizona and Florida, but it's only 3:45 pm on Sunday here, how is it Monday already in Florida?

Hmmmmm???

PS I'm sure Eva doesn't mind the thievery! :-)

Eva said...

Right you are, Sari! Thanks TroyBoy for visiting me and carrying my idea across the country! Elvira = awesome. I used to watch those bad movies that she hosted on tv back in the day.

Your newest "regular",
Eva :)

Matt said...

Nice list, I made my own as well you can come and see at my blog!