This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Little Guy's First Museum Trip!

On Monday, Labor Day, we took our three year old to the museum. He had a blast! He particular liked the expression of the cubism movement.

You think I'm joking. I'm not. I'm not being entirely direct either.

The museum we went to was the Miami Children's Museum. And the cubism movement consisted of shipping crates attached to a pulley system that kids could use to raise the crates and move them from point A to point B. The premise was that the kids were dock workers, complete with hard hats, loading supplies onto a Carnival cruise ship.

There was also a Publix SuperMarket display that allowed kids to shop in a mock grocery store.

Can I offer anyone some product placement on a grand scale?

In total there were 6 displays. The other four were: Rescue related exhibits, an ER room, a bank, and a build-a-bear exhibit.

Our son had fun. My wife got a bit light headed from low blood sugar - she has gestational diabetes and we didn't make the proper food plans for her being there so long. And me? Well for once I was happy when my son announced he wanted to go home to watch Barney!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

LOL! ok, you had to be exhausted to prefer "I love you, you love me.." Goodness, I learned to hate Barney fast. Poor dino, he never did anything to me and I just can't stand him!