This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday Shuffle and Bathroom Troubles

This Friday Shuffle is dedicated to my bathroom troubles. Not troubles using the bathroom, mind you. But problems getting my bathrooms redone. We had leaks in both and needed new walls and thusly new tiles. One is complete and the guy took 4444444444444444444-ever! For the next one, we have selected someone else completely randomly. The first guy was recommended and we see how well that turned out. Wish us luck! And enough about my porcelain problems...here's the shuffle...enjoy!


Earth, Wind & Fire, "Kiss and Say Goodbye" Can we say a good extramarital affair gone bad? I so can't relate to this song but it sounds pretty enough.

Gillian Welch, "Barroom Girls" Such poetic lyrics! The first two lines are "Oh the night came undone like a party dress. And fell at her feet in a beautiful mess." Nice wrting.

Johnny Cash, "A Boy Named Sue" Now, there's a fun song.

Eric Clapton, "Lay Down Sally"

Louie Armstrong, "What a Wonderful World" What a wonderful song!

Paul Simon, "You can call me Al" And you can call my shuffler partial to Gillian and Paul. Two weeks running.

Buena Vista Social Club, "Viente Anos" Yes my Spanish is very rough, at best, but I still like my Latin music from time to time.

Norah Jones, "Humble Me" Man, her voice is like a warm enveloping blanket on a cold and rainy day.

Dixie Chicks, "Landslide" I love the original version of this song by FWM and must say that this version does it considerable justice. Well done!

2 comments:

sari said...

Every time I hear You Can Call Me Al, it just reminds me of that funny video with Paul and Chevy Chase.

Back, you know, when they still made videos that I would watch, that don't look like they're some horribly Motley Crue half naked girl rip off or something Rob Zombie dreamed up.

I know, I'm boring.

TroyBoy said...

Not boring. Just old. Like me. I think my favorite 80's video was, wow, to only mention one...I think I will save this for a post.