This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Shuffle, shuffle on into the bathroom!

Last night was not good night in the Pheasantly Fascinating household. Our 3 year old was sick. He lost his dinner around 2 am, again at 6 am, and then at 8 am he couldn't keep down the juice he was drinking. Poor guy. So Mrs. Pheasantly Fascinating took him to his pediatrician this morning. They said it was probably some tummy bug and it will run it's own course.

The thing is that in three years this is the first time he has had to toss his cookies, not counting spit ups as an infant. He was scared. And he didn't get the concept of trying to make it to the bathroom.

That's okay though because it gives us something to strive for the next time he gets sick.

So, now that I have you thinking about icky sicky stuff, let us commence with our Friday Shuffle.


"Bat Out of Hell"(live) by Meatloaf. Really, the first tune is by a guy named something you probably don't want to associate with my above story.

"Congratulations" by Paul Simon. One of his wimpier songs, but hey, it's still Paul.

skip

Garth Brooks, "Unanswered Prayers", with 241 songs in this playlist and the shuffling Gods subject me to this song on two back to back shuffles.

skip (maybe I should cut back on my Paul Simon tracks in this playlist - there are 50.

Earth Wind & Fire, "After The Love Has Gone"

The Iguanas, "Angel"

Phil Collins, "Take a Look at Me Now"

skip

Steve Miller Band, "Horse and Rider"

Beny More, "Como Fue" and I have it on good authority that this is an "authentic version".

Buju Banton, "Our Father in Zion" and that, folks, is almost all of the lyrics in the 27 second song.

The Pleb, "One for Senegal"



A bit of a dissapointing shuffle, I do think.

1 comment:

sari said...

I like both the Phil Collins song(but I think it's called Against All Odds) and the Earth Wind & Fire song. Though, I do have to say, that's when Phil starting going movie soundtrack on us. I'm glad he's back touring with Genesis, maybe it will knock some of the Phil back into him.

Meatloaf is good for a Friday. Paul Simon is good but sometimes (and I mean this in a good way) he can put you to sleep with some of his songs.

Sometimes the shuffle just isn't up to par. And if I skip something, I just don't include the skip, I go on to the next song as if the skip didn't exist.

As for the throwing up, we employ the bucket tactic in our house (actually, the Large Kitchen Mixing Bowl tactic): keep it on the bed and teach your little guy to just throw up in that. Saves lots of messes because sometimes the bathroom is just too far away.

I hope he's feeling better soon and you guys don't catch the bug!

And YES I still plan to do the food meme, gosh I'm awful, sorry.