This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Monday, September 10, 2007

Yes, the Bathroom Saga Continues...

Okay, so when I wrote on Friday that one of the bathrooms was complete, well, that wasn't entirely true. The tiled vanity top needed trim work and the light fixture wasn't mounted flush to the wall. So the guy who took 2 and a half weeks to complete a job that should've taken 3 or 4 days came back on Sunday to finish up. Oh, the horror. Oh, the inhumanity.

Folks, the man was in my house for only twenty minutes when he managed to short out the light fixture whilst tripping the breaker and in a separate stupendous action he broke one of the sconces. The bonus round points was the fact that I was the lucky duck holding the light fixture when the wires he had improperly attached with a wire nut came loose and touched the metal housing. If you haven't experienced an electrical short it is a loud pop sound and a spark that makes you appreciate life. Well, your own life anyways. Can you say "Strong bladder control is a wonderful thing"? I knew that you could.

Jumpin' Jehosafats if there isn't someone looking out for me. Of course, that someone could've ensured I had steered clear of the guy in the first place, but such is life.

1 comment:

sari said...

At least he didn't ask you if he could "use" your bathroom while he was there.

We've had contractors do that and it's not a pretty thing for anyone involved, believe me.