This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wacky Wednesday - Grody!

Here is the 3rd edition of a new installment to my blog: Wacky Wednesday. In an effort to continue to bring you the finest of Wacky Wednesday submissions, I will scour the Internet, and any other source for that matter, looking for an odd tidbit to share with you all. And I will always cite my source, unless they swear me to anonymity.

Before we start, you know how many people have to tinkle when they hear running water? Let me know if this next entry has the same effect on you. Here we go!


Irish director-playwright Paul Walker's production of "Ladies & Gents" opened for a March run in New York City 29 blocks north of Broadway in a public restroom. According to an Associated Press report, the entire play takes place among the porcelain in a bathroom in Central Park, portraying "the seedy underside of 1950s Dublin," with the audience of 25 standing beside rows of stalls, near "spiders, foul odors and puddles of questionable origin."

Walker proudly admits that he wanted to take the audience "out of their comfort zone" to create "a different energy." Actor John O'Callaghan recalled that rehearsals were especially difficult: "One man actually came in and had a pee right in front of us." [KYW-TV (Philadelphia)-AP, 3-19-08]

Until next time, enjoy your Wacky Wednesday!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Just so you know...this was the third edition!

Oh, and EEEEEWWWWWW!

TroyBoy said...

That's what I get for using 'copy & paste'.