This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Okay, Seriously

I am working from home today and I have the t.v. on in the background. On comes an episode of Miami Vice. While I didn't officially move here until 1991, I did try living with my dad and step-mom for a year in 86. I was here folks! For the record. No one dressed like that! No one looked that!


I mean, okay, some people tried it after the show aired.



But that, like, totally isn't a picture of me with my face lopped off!


6 comments:

Hilda said...

Troy, I love you but you're wrong. Yes - some people did dress that way. I was here, I was in my 20s and I was going to clubs - I saw way too many pastel colored t-shirts under white linen jackets.

TroyBoy said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO - Say it ain't so! The dark suits with white sneakers, like I saw on the M.V. episode, that really happened, too?! Like an adult who was victimized as a child, I must've suppressed that horrible, horrible memory.

Eva said...

Those pictures are a riot. When I was in high school, circa 1987, a guy in the class below me was the "front man" for a music group that played at the school dances on occasion. He wore white blazers WITH THE SLEEVES PUSHED UP TO HIS ELBOWS. He was so hot. I love the 80s.

Matt said...

Okay, so I was all of 4 in 1987! But I would so totally wear that polo and khaki combo in the second picture (minus the sweater wrapped around my shoulders). In fact, I have a polo shirt in exactly that color...

Okay, is this too much information?

Jessica@Foodmayhem said...

This is embarrassing but my mom told me that my dad used to have a light blue suit. I didn't believe her until she showed me the picture. It was frightening!

Eva said...

Okay, matt, don't make me feel ancient or anything...