This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tuesday's Tip for the Day! - Part Two

So while I was out getting the replacement phone, Mrs. Pheasantly spoke to our friend Matt. He told her that he had heard (here is the tip of the day, folks) if you get your phone wet, then take the back off, take out the battery, and then put the phone and battery in a container of rice and seal it. For how long, you ask? Well, we found out that the phone was working 24 hours later! Cool, huh?

7 comments:

Eva said...

awesome tip!

Cristina said...

I wonder who the first person was to put their phone parts in the rice container? and why? Things that make you go Hmmmm? Useful info even though it sounds looney. Thanks!

Matt said...

It sure does sound looney...that's probably why I was reading the article!

sari said...

well, rice does absorb a lot of water, it makes sense, doesn't it!

Matt said...

Oh and the next time you make rice for dinner, you have Cell Phone Infused Rice...yummy delicious and with extra unknown nutrients!

Hilda said...

I don't know about cell phones, but I know Cuban restaurants here in humid Miami put rice grains in their salt shakers to keep the salt from clumping...

TracyMichele said...

OH MY GOSH! I saw that on TV. I can't remember what it was on but I thought.. SERIOUSLY!? I'm happy to hear y'all tried it out and it worked. Now, if only I could find my phone...