This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Thursday, April 3, 2008

And Like a Wildfire It Did Spread

So it's been a while since there has been a meme on this blog and this next one, I believe, will have been worth the wait. This meme was first brought about into "my circle" of bloggers by Seven. Holy crap, I have a circle of blogger buds! Okay, it's more like a lopsided oval, but its mine! (Oh, and while Seven isn't officially in MY circle, she is in Sari's so she's the dot in the two overlapping circles that you saw in Statistics 101.) But I undress, I mean digress! I digress. Anyway, so Hilda picked up on it over at The Geek Inside, and then Matt picked up on it over at The Mind Wobbles. And now it's my turn! Here's the deal:

Instructions:
1. Open your music library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod, whatever)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question below, type the song that’s playing
5. New question — press the next button
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool

Here we go:
  • opening credits: “Big Stick” by Bruce Hornsby - I do like the occasional well placed innuendo, even if it is based solely on fiction
  • waking up: "Come Pick Me Up" by Ryan Adams - I imagine I'd might need a ride.
  • first day at school: "When The Stars Go Blue" by Ryan Adams - Pardon me, I am reminding Fred, my Ipod, that by the very definition of shuffle, we shouldn't have back-to-back tracks by the same artist
  • falling in love: “Shut Up” by - Direct and straight to the point, I suppose
  • breaking up: “Joking” by Indigo Girls - Okay, so like, what, I don't really hate your guts?
  • prom: “Girl From The North Country” by Johnny Cash - well I guess she'd be a better date than the boy from the south depot.
  • life’s okay: “Gamblers Blues" by Lightnin' Hopkins - or maybe life's not okay?
  • mental breakdown: “Live With Lonesome” by Little Big Town - yep, that qualifies as a reason
  • driving: “Science Fiction Double Feature” by Original Broadway Cast of Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • flashback: “Crazy Love” by Poco - Flashing back to Buffalo Springfield
  • getting back together: “30,000 Pounds of Bananas” by Harry Chapin - There is no getting back together for the main character of this 10 minute story-song...just lots of separation and pasty fruit!
  • wedding: “Fantasy Girl” by .38 Special - I married my fantasy girl!
  • birth of child: "Endless Love” by Lionel Richie - Amen! Okay, in a different context, but an endless love, nonetheless
  • final battle: “Middle of the Night” by Jimmy Buffett
  • death scene: “Ventura Highway” by America - metaphorically speaking, I guess it could work. If I saw "Alligator lizards in the air", I would certainly hope I was dead
  • end credits: “Walk Away Renee" by Vonda Shepard - damn, if only my name was Renee
Cool, huh?! Now it's your turn, if ya wanna and you know you wanna! Leave a comment for please once you've done the deed over at your blog.

3 comments:

brooke said...

Cool songs... and thanks for the link. :)

Allie said...

oohh ... I had a few giggles over that!

Sadly, I am so far behind the times that I wouldn't even know how to start to turn an Ipod or anything high tech on. Heck - I have just figured out how to power up this new laptop!

Thanks for the comment on my site a couple of weeks ago. And yes - I think that is great that there is someone else out there that wants to travel NA in a RV. That means at least one person in NA won't look at me as if I am crazy for wanting to do that. :) Perhaps we should meet up on the road somewhere ....

Eva said...

The wildfire traveled over to my site - that was fun! Thanks for the great idea. Have a good week!