This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Saturday, February 16, 2008

The No Excuses Not-Friday Saturday Shuffle

It's been a while since my last blog entry. And, no, unfortunately it's not because I've been cruising the Carribean like our friend Tracey Michele. I've even missed a few Friday Shuffles - probably the easiest thing to post that there is. I have no excuses. It is what it is. I am thankful to all of my blogging friends, and you know who you are, for sticking by me and encouraging me to keep posting. So here it, one day late, this week's shuffle!

Take 'er away Fred - God, am I glad I still have Fred; but that's for another post.

1. "Get a Rhythm" performed by the man...Johnny Cash. I also have a CD with this song performed by a little known group called NRBQ. An awesome toe-tapping song.
2. "Margarita" by Traveling Wilburys
3. "Edie's Teddy" by Magenta from The Rocky Horror Picture Show
4. "Hey Good Lookin'" performed by Jimmy Buffet.
5. "Girls of Summer" performed by by an overrated bubble gum rock band...can you tell that I share Fred with my wifey?
6. "White Trash Wedding" by the Dixie Chicks - okay, I don't like kuntry, but I do like Bluegrass, go figure!
7. "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite", proof that the Beatles created more songs than they should have!
8. "Your Song", by Elton John. A beautiful song.
9. "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette - seriously, this chick needs Anger Management courses.
10. "Midnight Train to Georgia" performed by the Indigo Girls. Nicely done, ladies.

I hope that everyone is having a great weekend.

4 comments:

Andrea Frazer said...

Thank you for the songs. I am so outdated when it comes to music.

Hey, I'm glad you pointed out that the working guilt doesn't apply to moms only. I have so few men that read, I forget to include them when I talk to the viewers! The viewers.. like I'm some big David Letterman or something. LOL.

Anyway, thanks for checking in with me. I don't doubt for one second that you and the lovely Hilda are great parents. Why do we feel guilt? So silly...

Hang in. And keep listening to that great music. Someone in our age group needs to be cool. And it sadly wont' be me.

TracyMichele said...

Happy to see your excuse was just a busy life. Sad that didn't actually include a cruise. hehe.

Oh.. and I LOVE GIRLS OF SUMMER! I'm playing in my head over and over and over now. Thanks Fred (and Mrs. Pheasantly Fascinating)!

sari said...

Great Beatles song! I am not on a quest to have every Beatles album (in CD form is ok with me) because I've realized that even though I've been listening to them my whole life, I don't have enough of their music.

Andrea Frazer said...

Who the heck is Hilda! Sorry about that. I wrote your wife once, and I must have forgotten her name.

Anyway, I'm outta here...