This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Holy Mother of All Things Sacred

I AM TIRED!

Child # 2, who is 4 months old, and who "graduated" to sleeping in his own room 9 days ago, still hasn't quite gotten the hang of a sleeping routine, a.k.a NO ONE ELSE IN THE FAMILY GETS TO SLEEP EITHER!

It first seemed that he went to sleep at 8, awoke at 11, and then again at 5. Then he got into a routine of sleeping from 8 to 1, then up for a feeding, and back down until 6. Now the little bugger has apparently combined both into one! Last night he was up around at 11:30, at which point we tried to let him "cry it out" as we were sticking to his schedule. Well, at 12:45 his big brother called from his room very annoyed that he couldn't sleep because the baby was crying. Well, yeah. So wifey fed him and put him back down. He awoke again at 4 and we let him "cry it out" which took about 45 minutes, all the while hoping that he wouldn't wake his big brother. He woke up again around 6:30, at which point wifey brought him into bed for their "wake up together slowly time", aka she gets to cat nap for an hour or so. Did I mention that 6:30 is when son # 1's internal alarm clock goes off like clock work telling him it's breakfast time?!

So, how did you sleep last night?

1 comment:

sari said...

our 4 month old still sleeps with us so my husband slept and i fed the baby on and off all night. after a while I don't even look at the clock so i don't know when we were awake and when we weren't.

zzzzzzz.....