This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

That's the sound of me opening my blog. It most assuredly has been a while. And there is no greater motivator to blog than (pick one):
a) being bored at work even with tons of work to do
b) a pink gerbil named Hal who lives in your desk drawer
c) a fellow blogger who pesters one into blogging submission who shall remain nameless other than to say that her name rhymes with Gilda.

So, what to blog, what to blog? For starters, how about some updates?

Our soon-to-be 2nd born will no longer be Spencer. From now on he shall be called forth upon the people and shall be known as Nazareth Zion Abraham Judas Maximilius Omega Gelinas. We'll call him Bob for short. Yeah, not so much. His name will be Dylan. Dylan Quinn Gelinas. We may call him Dill, or Dilly, or Silly Dilly, but my wife has made it perfectly clear that we won't be calling him DQ.

Other things going on...

We are in the middle of bathroom renovations. Not the most fun experience. One quickly forgets how much a pain in the ass home renovations are until one comes home from work only to find their toilet in the living room. Not far below that on the scale of home improvement annoyances is going through the painstaking process of covering everything in the adjoining bathroom only to find the workers cutting drywall inside the living room.

I just got back from a leisure trip in Phoenix. I wrote a speech about the experience for my Toastmasters club that I will post shortly.

I sold a house a last week. I sold it to my friends and its directly behind our home. It will be cool.

Okay, that's about it for now.

No comments: