This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Who Is Fred?

Many have asked, and by many I mean one reader, why did I name my Ipod Fred? Fred is many people to me. Primarily though, Fred is Uncle Fred. Uncle Fred was my wife's favorite uncle. He was always there for her when she was growing up and she has many fond memories of him. Fortunately for me, I got the chance to get to know him before he passed and would agree...he was pretty cool. Though when he was still around I didn't always show him the respect he deserved and for that I am sorry. However through that I learned the importance of respecting others, whether you relate to them or not. So that is where my fondness for Fred came from. Now everyone is Fred. People who cut me off in traffic are called Fred. Fast food workers who get my order mixed up are called Fred. Even the higher power is sometimes affectionately called Fred. So too, our family Ipod is hence forth known as Fred.

2 comments:

Hilda said...

Fred is my default, generic male name. Whenever anyone says "what was that guy's name?", my first answer is always Fred - it's hardly ever correct.

As far as I can remember, I know exactly one Fred - he's a nice guy.

TracyMichele said...

I can sleep now. hehe.

And oddly enough, my mother is called "Aunt Fred". I.Have.No.Idea.

PS (can you have PSs on comments?) LOVE the new graphic. It make me chuckle.. or cackle.. it's early, just go with it. :)