This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Friday, November 2, 2007

Hello To My Adoring Fans!

Yes, it is I. I am back. It has indeed been a while. I was going to use having a newborn at home as an excuse for not having the time to blog but Sari over at the Geek Inside pretty much shot that all to heck. So as a welcome back salute to myself, I shall present you all with a nifty Friday Shuffle!

And there was much rejoicing...yay.

Bonus points to whomever can be the first to site the above quote! Sorry, Matt, you're exempt.



"Up On The Roof", by James Taylor. A pretty song about finding a good place to be...nice.

"Maggie's Farm"
, by Bob Dylan. A lesser known Dylan tune, yes?

"Power of Two"
, by the Indigo Girls with a public radio style intro. Hey, the power of two...that's all it takes to bring a little baby into the world!

"My Special Someone"
, by Neil Diamond. I like this guy's more popular tunes and this ain't one of them!

"All She Wants Is"
, by Duran Duran. Finishing that sentence for wife's benefit...a good night sleep!

"You Can't Always Get What You Want"
, by the Stones. Okay, fellow parents, or even Aunts & Uncles, how many of you have found yourselves singing this as a reply to a request made by a little one? I know I have!

"Who'll Stop The Rain"
, by Clearwater Credence Revival. Amen! And the wind while they're at it, thank you very much.

"Delirious", by Prince.

"Crazy", by Aerosmith

"Underground", by Ben Folds Five

Well a bit of a disappointing shuffle IMO. Not very nifty, indeed. I hope Fred does better next week. Fred. That's what I named our Ipod.


4 comments:

Matt said...

Kinda ironic that that "What She Really Wants" came right before "You Can't Always Get What You Want"!

I can CITE the quote, but I'm not allowed!

TracyMichele said...

Why the name Fred? There HAS to be a story there. :)

sari said...

I waited three weeks to start posting again, don't kid yourself there. And just because I posted, that didn't mean I was on the computer much longer than it actually took to accomplish that! ha ha

I think I'm the only person around who hasn't named their iPod.

TroyBoy said...

Matt,

Good catch.

TracyMichele,

You'll just have to wait until Friday's Post where I will tell the telling of the naming of Fred.

Sari,

A no-name Ipod. C'mon girl...give your Ipod the dignity it deserves and name it. Hmmm. Maybe we can poll our blogger community for suggestions.

I suggest "Ralph"