This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Friday, November 9, 2007

The Friday, Whew, Oh No, Shuffle

It is here. Friday. The beginning of the weekend. Met with joy and dread.

Joy.
Joy for the reason of, well, the weekend is a hiatus between work weeks for R&R, or tons of errands and honey-do's. But even if the latter is the case, it is still a nice change of pace from the 9 to 5 drudgery.

Dread.
Mother will be arriving tomorrow morning to stay with us for two weeks. Sure, I love my mom and as she getting is older, it's important that she spend time with our children, yada, yada, yada. But two weeks for my mom and I to be under one roof, well, God help Mrs. Pheasantly Fascinating.

So whether you are anticipating joy or dread, or a familial hybrid of both, have a great weekend, extended for most of us, and enjoy this Friday Shuffle! Take it away Fred. And don't disappoint!

"Uncle John's Cabin", by Grateful Dead
Maybe mom could stay there?

"Blue Jay Way", covered by The Secret Machines on "Across The Universe"
A Beatles tune of which I know not.

"Alone At the Drive In" by Jim Jacobs & Watten Casey from "Grease" soundtrack.
Okay, this is how I know that Mrs. Pheasantly Fascinating has been spending time with Fred!

"Where Are You Boy" by Patty Loveless as featured on the soundtrack for "Tin Cup"
Don't know the movie? Rent it. It's fun...even if you don't care about Kevin Costner, Cheech Marin, or the game of golf.

"Back On the Chain Gang", by The Pretenders

"Spirits In The Material World", by the Police

"El Chirinquito", off of a compilation CD called "The Best of Cuba". Not sure who the artist is.
I also have this song on a few other CD's.

"Crash & Burn" by Blues Traveler

"Games Without Frontiers", by Peter Gabriel
Funny...I was talking to Hilda about this song yesterday. It's one of my favorites.

"Give Me Novocaine", by Green Day
Did I mention my mom was coming?

Peace Out!

4 comments:

sari said...

ok -

1. have fun with your mom

2. I WILL DO THE FOOD MEME (this week)

3. One of my favorite bands is the Texas Tornados - I discovered them on the Tin Cup Soundtrack.

4. I have semi-updated my sidebar!

Cristina said...

Things to do with mom: take pictures with the grankids and I don't just mean snap whatever I mean dress, sit pretty and take a picture. She will treasure it and so will the kids (eventually). Also take family group pictures.

Every weekend is filled with joy and dread. Joy that it's here and dread that I won't get everything that I want done.

Also, I'm jealous that you've been to IKEA already. I don't want to deal with those crowds. I think I'm waiting until after the holidays. But I SOOOOooo want to go.

TracyMichele said...

The two weeks is up.. so where are you? I know visits with my parents require a little down time but 2 weeks? How bad could it have been?! :) Be sure to check in on Wed.. my blogoversary. Fairly sure you will learn a thing or two about me from my scheduled post.

Hilda said...

Psst...go check out this post: http://themindwobbles.blogspot.com/2007/12/im-bloggerhear-me-roar.html - on my Blog.