This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday Shuffle, Shuffle Me Into The Weekend, Puh-lease!

It's a coupla crazy weeks. And yes, I miss blogging. I think what I miss more is visiting (and reading) the posts of my blogging friends! So in all of this craziness that I have going on right now, I couldn't even find time to hang with Fred. So this shuffle is sans-Fred. Instead, I am using the massive compilation that I have access to via one of the servers at my work. There are over 7 thousand tracks on that bad boy. Everybody contributes. It's kinda cool because you never know what you're gonna get. To that end, I will call this source of tunes "Life".

Take 'er away, Life!
  1. "Miss Bonfield", by the Fab Five. Who are the guys, you ask? Only the best Soka band there is!
  2. "Say", by the Corrs. I think Hilda added this one to the mix. Not too shabby, I s'pose.
  3. "Rimsky", by Arturo Sandoval
  4. "Force Ten", by Rush
  5. "What's the Matter Here?", by 10,000 Maniacs
  6. "It Doesn't Have To Be (Like That)", by Erasure
  7. "Major Tom", by David Bowie...and everyone wants to know whose shirts you wear!
  8. "Family Business", by the Fugees - Okay, I know some of you are impressed.
  9. "The Journey", by Boston - Okay, I know that those same people are no doubt horrified.
  10. "Are You Having Any Fun", by Tony Bennett - Wow.
This shuffle has been all over the place. Which is why I guess it reminds me of a family summer road trip, and just like a family trip some of the stops were relished and others - not so much. Well, here is to awesome road trips to all! Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Maria said...

I confess to being musically ignorant. This morning, in the car, Liv was playing the radio and a song came on and she said, "I just LOVE Maroon Five!"

I had never heard of them.

Matt said...

I really like the diversity of "life." In fact "life" has given you so many different options to choose from that who know what "life" will throw at you next!

"Life" is good!

Erick said...

Soca.
It wouldn't be a party without correcting you on something.


Did you see the Dylan pictures?

Erick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erick said...

Re: the best soca band of all time...

You might enjoy this, by the Mighty Sparrow (the answer to the above).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSalB09uzM

TroyBoy said...

Maria - So change it. Listen to stuff you don't know; especially to the stuff that your daughter listens to.

Matt - Very clever. Oh, btw, I just had a dream; you were in it; it wasn't very pleasant.

Erick - As I was typing "Soka" I was questioning the spelling but, alas, I didn't take the time to check it out. Yes, I saw the pics of Dilly - thanks!

Comment Deleted - C'mon now, don't be shy.

Erick - I love the sound, and am a big fan of the subject o f their lyrics.

Also I give them points for working the word "comprehensively" into the song - not a very sing-songy word, but they make it work.

Michael C said...

I especially like the last one! It's on my Ultra Lounge Vegas collection. It's just a lot of fun.

But did I hear you right (which of course means did I read it correctly) that everyone a your work has contributed to putting 7,000 songs on a WORK server? I am beyond jealous. I am actually green, and not that environmental or kermit green. I am green with envy. I have to bring my Ipod to work and listen to everyone make cracks about my musical taste.

You are one lucky fellow!

swn said...

soooooo, what's wrong with liking the furgees and boston? i mean i like 'em, and i got, like, tons of street "cred" with the "homies" and i'm like "way cool" "to the max" man, like totally. word to your mother, dude!

TracyMichele said...

You just won over Mr.TracyMichele with the Rush selection. I kid you not.. we have (and by we have I mean HE has) 16 Rush Albums!