Yesterday one of our two 16 year old cats past away; JJ. He was aided in his departure by the vet and both Mrs. Phez and I were with him. So, with a nod to Fred to start the music, let's call this one out to my little grey and black tiger-striped kitty.
- "Lovely Rita", by the Beattles. A great song that makes some silly lyrics work. I love the piano stylings in this song reminiscent of "The Entertainer".
- "Divorce Song", by Lix Phair. Okay, not a great song. A good song, though. And I'm impressed that Liz got through a song without dropping the F-bomb. Woops, scratch that last part - I was writing this during the tail end of the song...no such luck.
- "What a Fool Believes", by The Doobie Brothers. A classic. But I admit that I really know the refrain.
- "Two Less Lonely People in the World", by Air Supply. Gag me with spoon.
- "Scared of You", by Nelly Fritada (Okay I know it's "Furtado", but Fritada is just a lot funnier)
- "Can't Stop This Thing We Started", by Bryan Adams. See how one gets punished for saying that they like 80's music?
- "I Can See For Miles", by the Who. The unknown continuation of that song is, "...When I'm Not in a Drug Induced Stupor".
- "Back In The Saddle", by Aerosmith.
- "Strawberry Fields Forever", off of the Across the Universe soundtrack
- "Good Feeling", by the Violent Femmes.
Well that it's for the very odd shuffle. Peace, everyone.