This site is dedicated to my fondness for fowl. Not in any way that requires years of therapy. It's not even my favorite meat. I just think it's neat. What can I say? I am easily amused.
Plus, it may have something to do with the fact that my first and middle names said together are a homonym of poultry (Paul Troy).

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

In Honor of Valentine's Day

This list was actually "borrowed" from another blog. There. I'm not going to jail for plagerism. For bad spelling? Maybe.

In honor of Valentine's Day, MSNBC presents the 5 all time cheesiest love songs of all time:

  1. “My Heart Will Go On,” Celine DionThe movie may not have coerced you to tears, but listening to Dion pledge her eternal love certainly will.
  2. “Love Hurts,” NazarethWhile the blame for this lyrical gem (note the sarcasm) doesn’t all fall on the shoulders of the big-haired Nazareth boys ... they should be held responsible for bringing it transcontinental, all the way from their pint-sized hometown in rural Scotland, to American top 40 radio.
  3. “Every Breath You Take,” The Police“Every Breath You Take” reads like a stalker’s to-do list: “Every single day, and every word you say, every game you play, every night you stay, I’ll be watching you.”
  4. “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That),” Meat Loafthe stringy-haired crooner’s oozing, goozing opus, has all the characteristics of a classic: mushy sentiment, sappy orchestration and a healthy dose of amorous excess.
  5. “In Your Eyes,” Peter GabrielPeter Gabriel’s “In Your Eyes” became an instant hit, encouraging lovers everywhere to mend broken hearts with grand romantic gestures.

The runners up:
  1. "You're Beautiful," James Blunt
  2. "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now," Starship
  3. "Wind Beneath My Wings," Bette Midler
  4. "If You Leave," OMD"(Everything I Do) I Do It For You," Bryan Adams
  5. "This Kiss," Faith Hill
  6. "All Out of Love," Air Supply
  7. "The Flame," Cheap Trick
  8. "I Will Always Love You," Whitney Houston
  9. "You Are So Beautiful," Joe Cocker
  10. "I Got You Babe," Sonny and Cher
  11. "More Than Words," Extreme
  12. "You Light Up My Life," Debbie Boone
  13. "Close to You," The Carpenters
  14. "From This Moment On," Shania Twain

1 comment:

Cristina said...

WELCOME to blogworld! I found you through Hilda. When I ever update my Blog, I will add you to my blogroll, if that's ok by you.
Toodles!